Toronto-based comedian Trixx gave us a list of the “Top 5 Things People Do When They Think Spring Has Arrived” …but winter stays around like an ex who won’t take a hint!
1. People sometimes take their Jordan’s out early only to find out that had they just checked the weather before going outside, they would avoided the winter snow salt that destroys a perfectly good pair of number 4s.
2. Girls get a nice spring pedicure only to discover that 10cm of snow fell while they were asleep and now that lovely crappy palm tree design on their toenails that was done by an angry Korean chick that wasn’t tipped, will have to be covered by Nike socks and Uggs for another week!
3. People take their beautiful car they’ve been dying to show off at Tim Horton’s illustrious parking lot to the car wash, only to be hit with slushy ice pellets as they leave the car wash on the way Tim Hortons. By the time they get to the parking lot, it looks like Xzibit unpimped their car because the cheque bounce!
4. There’s that great feeling that comes over you when you’re in the mood to play some outdoor basketball. You call up a few guys and make the plan to go shoot hoops. But if one of you had just checked the weather channel or kept your TV on CP24, you would’ve known that 5 crappy CM of snow fell while u were playing NBA2K14, and it’s just another night of Game of Thrones re-runs!
5. Nothing makes me chuckle more than when a girl wants to show off her new summer body that she’s been working hard on all winter long. She celebrates this by getting her hair done and she’s ready to make some men drool. However, while she was underneath the dryer at LaKwanda’s Booyeah Get ‘Em Guurl Hair Salon, Mother Nature didn’t receive her child support cheque in time and gives the Jane and Wilson area an unnecessary blizzard, leaving that walk to the car from the salon the angriest walk ever, because it was sunny outside earlier and she didn’t walk with an umbrella!
We want to hear your suggestions! Tweet them to @1LOVETO #SpringHasArrived