VOTE OR DIE — not literally, of course, but you’re not really living if you don’t exercise your rights. It is more important now than ever, for young people to be voting and getting a grip on the issues at hand. Why? Because knowledge is power and power creates change.
1. You’ll help steer the way your city/country is governed
2. You can benefit financially by placing the right person in power
3. You’re paying respect to our history which has made the right to vote available to you
4. You’re helping to build a better future/city/country for your kids to exist in
5. You won’t be considered a hypocrite when you complain about city policies/procedures
6. You have a say about how your taxes are used – no more mandatory municipal manicures!
7. You can save your city from being embarrassed and parodied on multiple platforms worldwide
8. You’ll have a sense of accomplishment/bragging rights when the person you vote for, wins
9. Know someone who’s voting for a nut job? You essentially cancel their vote out with yours
10. It makes you a part of conscientious collective that pushes for progress
The win/lose margins come so close, so all that BS about your vote not counting, is just that…BS. Take a moment out of your day and make an effort to see who is running and what their ideas are. Be an active citizen and take pride in having the liberty to head to the polls and make an informed decision. Your City, Your Vote.
For more info follow @torontovotes #TOvotes14
Posted by Samira Zia Rehman
Follow @1LOVETO #TOpoli #VoteOrDie